SIAE 2017: ECA Group launches its new range of "ELiTe" Emergency Locator Transmitter for commercial
Every airliner is equipped with an automatic fixed emergency locator transmitter and at least one portable survival beacon. The major innovation here is that the new "ELiTe" emergency locator transmitter, thanks to a patented process, acts both as a portable survival beacon as well as an automatic fixed beacon. This allows airlines to reduce operating costs by having to manage the configuration and maintenance of a single device, explains Gilbert Rosso, head of ECA Group's Aerospace Division.
Moreover, "ELiTe" is aviation's first emergency locator transmitter (ELT) that integrates a GPS transmitter as well as an automatic water-activated system, ensuring the reliability of its activation and the localization of survivors of an aircraft in distress using the Cospas-Sarsat "Search and Rescue" system*.
Beyond this technological breakthrough in localization using radio frequency (RF) transmission, ELTA's teams have integrated new features to ensure an enhanced ergonomic design, easy installation and optimized maintenance.
Aircraft manufacturers, airlines and maintenance centers will be able to benefit from the following advantages as early as September 2017:
- the use of a single transmitter that acts as both a portable survival beacon and an automatic fixed beacon,
- integrated antennas that guarantee optimized space-savings,
- a direct link with the aircraft's avionics data bus (ARINC 429),
- a new-generation power pack that complies with the most recent Air Safety regulations,
- a display that guarantees access to maintenance information and power pack charge status.
The beacon can be automatically programmed during its installation using userfriendly RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) ** technology that automatically pairs the device with the aircraft.
This range of innovative beacons is currently undergoing certification for compliance with the new international aviation standards.
Thanks to its range of "ELiTe" solutions, ECA Group reinforces its position as leader in the commercial aviation market with the perspective of outfitting 35,000 commercial aircraft in the next 20 years.
ECA Group's teams look forward to meeting with you at the Paris Air Show in June 2017 at Booth F108 in Hall 2B where you can discover the new solution as well as our other innovations in aerospace.
* The International Cospas-Sarsat Programme provides accurate, timely, and reliable distress alert and location data to help search and rescue (SAR) authorities assist persons in distress. For more information, visit https://www.cospas-sarsat.int *
* An automatic identification technology that uses radio-frequency (RF) radiation to identify and track tags attached to objects when they are in the proximity of an RFID reader.
For more information: